PE AND SPORT FUNDING
What is the PE and Sport Grant?
The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary schools. Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they are free to choose how they spend the money. Below is an outline of the action plan for school improvement in this area.
It is important that, in spending the Sport Premium Grant, we create sustainable and permanent improvement in the school’s provision. For this reason, we invest in initiatives that embed practice and habits into the school day. For example:
- Provision of staff to champion and supervise the children’s daily exercise routines (Daly Mile, etc.)
- Regular and permanent free of charge after school clubs to give children the opportunity to take part in a range of sporting activity.
- Regular interaction and support from expert coaches and trainers (Tottenham Hotspur, North London Shamrock Gaelic Football, etc.)
- Staff to supervise and champion Active Playtimes
With a rolling investment in equipment and resources, we believe that the grant provides an excellent, sustained backbone of sporting activity in the school.
For the Academic Year 2022-23, the attainment in Year 6 was as follows:
- 66.67% swim competently, confidently and proficiently over 25m
66.67% use a range of strokes effectively
100% perform safe self rescue in different water based situations
Here is how PE and Sports Premium was allocated and used in 2022-23