Ethos, Aims and Values
We are committed to promoting a clear ethos and a set of values by which we conduct ourselves.
St. John Vianney aspires to provide 'Calm, Academic Excellence for All'. We are a Catholic school that welcomes everyone - other denominations, other faiths or families of not faith. ALL are welcome.
Calm - means behaviour is excellent; low-level disruption is non-existent; teachers can teach and children can learn.; bullying DOES NOT happen - once we are made away of any issue, we stop it and it stays stopped.
Sounds simple, but it really isn't. This is what we promise and provide at St. John Vianney. Children need a calm place to begin their education journey and we take that responsibility very seriously indeed.
A 'calm school' is one built on respect, empathy, clarity and a willingness to make positive contributions to the whole community.
Academic - we are here to learn! We know that the best thing we can do for our children, in return for their wonderful behaviour and attitudes, is to equip them for the next stages of their education and life. Arriving at secondary school with a confidence that enables you to socially and academically stand shoulder to shoulder with the best is a wonderful gift, and that is what we give to all of our children. Our curriculum and teaching lead to some of the strongest outcomes in the borough, in London and nationally.
Excellence - a generic term, maybe, but excellence is an all-encompassing term that includes:
- Happiness - we want the days spent at SJV to be ones you look back on with happiness for the rest of your life
- Safety - we will look after you, teach you to look after yourself and others
- Friendship - SJV is a place where making friends is built into the fabric of the walls and attitudes
- Learning - we want you to love learning and we want you to learn the things that inpsire you, equip you and enrich you.
- Faith - SJV is a place where you can deepen your faith, your relationship with God and with your spiritual self. You will exude the values that underpin our faith, and indeed underpin any positive and loving community.
Imagine bringing all of that 'excellence' with you when you leave us...we look forward to being part of your success story!